- Walking- Emily has officially begun taking steps. She still isn't all over the place walking, but she can walk. Mostly, she just takes three or four steps and then sits down. Her crazy height makes it a bit harder for her to balance. It's so much faster and easier for her to crawl that she isn't very interested in walking on her own. If we hold her hand, though, she loves to walk. It won't be long and she'll be running, so I'm not pushing the walking!
- Clapping- Emily also began clapping on her own this month. It is so cute! When we clap for her, she also starts clapping for herself. You can see how proud she is.
- Eating- This month Emily has discovered green beans and she LOVES them. She could eat a whole can at once. She also finally decided that she likes mashed potatoes and macaroni and cheese. Both of these she has balked at on multiple occasions in the past, but now she is a big fan.
- Sick again- Just a little cold this time, but she gave it to mommy and daddy. Thanks, sweetie!
- Jazzercise friends- Emily goes to babysitting at Jazzercise every day and she is making some sweet little friends. Most of them are older and they all just love her. They all crowd around her when we get there and call her by name as we leave. So super sweet.
- Peek-a-boo- She loves to play Peek-a-boo and Where's Emily? We've been doing it for awhile, but she has finally started initiating the game herself this month.
- Words- Her main words are still Mama, Dada, ball, and hi. She says Hi ALL THE TIME. She loves it! She says ba and da as well to mean alot of different things.
- Kisses- Emily has started giving kisses this week and it is the sweetest thing ever. Right smack on the lips.
And of course...Emily's many faces.
Every day you amaze us with your sweetness, your brightness, and your precious personality. You are independent, strong willed, loving, beautiful, and you were made especially for us by God! We have loved every single moment of our first year together. You will never know how much we love you...until you have your own little girl! We pray for you every day that you will grow up to be healthy and strong and that you will live a long, happy life at the center of God's will for your life. We pray that the Lord will use you to do great and mighty things for him. Selfishly, I pray that God will give you the amazing gift of music and that you will lead people in worship to him, but I know that whatever gifting the Lord gives you will be amazing and we will always be so proud of you. We love you so much, baby girl. Happy Birthday!
We somehow didn't manage to take any good pictures this past month, so these are all from my phone. Oh well!
|Trying to squeeze around the changing table barricade to get to the stairs. I have since purchased more gates. :)|
|Playing in the laundry basket|
|Getting an early start on AdvoCare|
|She loves her daddy!|
|About to get in trouble|
|And again...sitting on the fireplace.|
|Little puppy girl|
|Birthday invitation photoshoot|