Sunday, January 2, 2011

Christmas vacation has finally drawn to a close and we are REALLY sad! I am so not ready to go back to work tomorrow, and I'm pretty sure Lucas isn't, either. He's lucky enough to get one more day off, though, so I'll be suffering through the day at work all by myself...well, with millions of others, I guess.

We had a great New Year's weekend. On Friday night, Brett and Rachel came in and we all spent the night at Mom and Dad's. It was a nice little slumber party. We got to tell them the news soon after they arrived, and they were both very excited! On Saturday we had Christmas morning with them, which was so much fun! My Mom always does the best stockings, and Dad adds a few contributions of his own, as well. Each year, he gets us all scratch-off lottery tickets. This year, I was the winner of the highest amount, which was $14. In fact, I think this is the highest amount ever won in the many years we've been doing it. With all the great things that happened in December, it must've just been my lucky month! ;-)

We had lunch Saturday with Grandpa, Grandma, and Granny, and then spent the afternoon and evening out shopping and shooting and eating even more. Today, everyone came to church with us at The Branch. It was very nice to get to have them all there, especially on our first day to be doing a Sunday morning instrumental service in the sanctuary. They got to experience a history making day for The Branch! It went really well, and we were excited for it. After lunch at Cheddar's, we said goodbye to Brett and Rachel and headed home for our last few hours of freedom. I got to take a nice nap with the weenies and then we watched a movie together. It was a great end to a great vacation.

I'm still feeling pretty good. I'm starting to get a bit more nauseated, but it's only in very small amounts, and it usually goes away pretty fast. When I think about food, I start to feel sick. The actual eating of the food, though, is no problem. Speaking of food, Lucas and I are going to get back on the healthy eating straight and narrow tomorrow. This has been a rough few weeks, and I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that I've gained a few too many pounds. Definitely more than I should be gaining at the beginning of pregnancy. I guess it just fell at a bad time with the holidays. I expect to lose a little now that we'll be back to our good eating habits, but I'll definitely be discussing it with the doctor next week to find out what is healthy for me and the baby as far as eating and weight loss go. I don't want to be depriving the baby, but I want to do my best to gain as little as possible throughout the pregnancy.

Please keep praying for us! We want nothing more than a healthy pregnancy and a healthy baby to be delivered in August.

No comments:

Post a Comment