Wednesday, May 18, 2011

It's been an eventful week in baby world! Last Wednesday I went to the doctor for my 24 week appointment (which was actually closer to 25.) Everything was good except that my placenta was a little lower than it's supposed to be. The doctor thinks it will move up as the baby grows, but if it doesn't, it might mean a C-section. Although I'd prefer to do it the natural way, I'm certainly okay with whatever will be safest for me and the baby!

Monday night, Lucas got to feel Emily kick for the first time. She had been kicking away and I noticed that I could feel it on the outside, which I hadn't noticed before. Lucas put his hand on my stomach just in time to feel her kick once more, but then of course, she stopped. It was very exciting for both of us, though. :)

Today at school I was walking in the hall and I guess there was some water or something else slippery on the floor and with this awesome thrown off sense of balance due to baby, I wasn't able to recover. Fortunately, I didn't hit the floor very hard, but I was worried for a bit. I'm sure everything is okay, though. She's been as active tonight as ever!

Tomorrow is my first shower. Since baby is coming at the very end of the summer, my school is having a shower for me before school is out. I'm excited about it! This weekend, I'm hoping to really get started on the nursery. We shall see!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your new baby arriving soon~
    You don't know me but I ran across your blog or I think it's yours on threads of faithfulness and was wondering if you design blogs. I have started one and need help! My husband and I are adopting from China and wanted to create a blog where friends and family could follow our process. If you don't design them anymore maybe you could direct me to someone that does cause I have no idea what I'm doing, but I'm learning. I really want a cute/pretty blog before I tell everybody that I have one. My blog is: faithjumping.blogspot.com
    Many blessings, Michelle

    ReplyDelete