Thursday, June 23, 2011

This morning, we had our 30 ( really 31) week appointment. Good news first: I haven't gained any weight since the last appointment. Yay! That was great and I expected the rest of the appointment to go just as well. No ultrasound today. Just weight, measurement, BP, and hearing the heartbeat. So far, my blood pressure has been pretty low each time it's been taken. It's typically run right around 116/68. Today, however, it was 138/88 the first time they took it. EEK! Borderline high BP. They took it twice more before I left and it went down to 136/78, then finally 136/72. The bottom number is great, but the top number just didn't want to budge. Also, there was a small amount of protein in my urine, which as any pregnant woman knows is an indicator of preeclampsia when combined with the high BP. Because the amount of protein was small and the blood pressure was only kind of high (and the bottom number kept dropping,) the doctor had mercy on me and officially put me only on modified bed rest. Basically, this just means that I need to take it easy and stay off my feet as much as possible. She said I can still go to the grocery store, church, out to dinner, etc, but just not make a full day of being out and about. I should be on the couch or in the pool the majority of the time. Can't complain about that! :) Although of course I wasn't happy to hear it and was also very surprised due to my great BP thus far, I'm just thankful not to be on full bedrest. I will go back in a week to have my BP checked again. Hopefully it will be back down to normal. I think it will. I've been really overdoing it this week and not drinking enough water, which I think contributed to the problem. For the next week, I'm going to take it easy and let Lucas wait on me as much as possible. :)

Please pray that the BP goes back to my good numbers so that I don't have to spend all summer on the couch and so that she will continue to grow and be able to stay in as long as possible! I'll update next Thursday after I have it checked again.

No comments:

Post a Comment