Thursday, August 11, 2011

It doesn't surprise me at all that our sweet little girl, still in utero, is her mother's daughter. All of you who know me well know that I have a tendency to be a bit strong-willed. (My parents and husband would say that's the understatement of the century.) I certainly have a mind of my own and I've always heard that children pay for their raising. Seems I already am. Miss Emily, at 38 weeks, has decided she's not a fan of standing on her head and would much rather sit up, thankyouverymuch.

From her current froggie position, it would be a bit hard to push her out in two weeks, give or take. So, we can either try to get her to turn or we can just go with a scheduled C-section. This isn't the first time this pregnancy we've been in this predicament. Thanks to my awesome chiropractor Dr. McDaniel, Emily already moved from her favorite upright position into the correct position sometime around 35 or 36 weeks and stayed there for a little over two weeks until just recently. Even on Monday, she was head down. I've been a bit sick for the last couple weeks and on Tuesday I began to cough pretty hard as all of the congestion made it's way out. We're pretty sure that Emily wasn't a fan of the coughing and the pressure it put on her, so she wiggled her way up. That also explains all the moving she was doing on Tuesday. Another interesting thing is that I had a few contractions on Sunday and Monday, but since Tuesday haven't had any. This makes sense since she's no longer standing on her head trying to get out.

At this point, we've decided to try to get Dr. McDaniel to use the Webster Technique again to get her to move since it already worked once. I went in this morning for her to adjust me and I can tell she has already shifted her position some because her head isn't nearly as high as it was. Even though my chiro is closed tomorrow, she's going to come up to the office and meet me to work on Emily some more. She said we'd do whatever it takes to get this baby back into position, so I am hopeful that in just a few days, Miss Em will be starting to work her way out. If we can't get her to move from this technique, Dr. Staud will try to move her, which I've heard is much more painful. We'll do that if we have to, but hopefully we won't.

If she still won't move, we will do a scheduled C-section, most likely on Friday the 19th at 3:00 pm. If she does move, we will go ahead and induce labor either on the 19th or 22nd to try to get her out before she decides to move again. I certainly hope she moves, but there's not much we can do about it other than try what we have been told might work. I know that we can only do what we can do, and it's all in God's hands, anyway. I believe that whatever happens is part of his perfect plan and I'm just excited that we are going to get to meet our little girl a few days sooner than expected!


  1. As long as there's a healthy baby and a healthy mama, all will be perfect, no matter how that sweet one gets here. I'm so excited for you! I can't believe it's so soon!

  2. YAY, YAY, YAAAY! :) Can't wait to meet her. We will be praying for you all! :) It is going to be so great!

  3. Everything will be perfect whichever way she comes out! If she doesn't move and aren't able to have a vaginal birth, God knows what He is doing. If you are apprehensive about a c-section, don't be. It was fabulous, and I would do it a million times over. Love you, friend.

  4. Oooh, I see. You are so right. God has it all planned out. I can't wait to meet her!!!