Today our little girl is two months old! I can't believe that two months have already gone by. These have definitely been the fastest and best months of my life. Emily's second month has been just as wonderful as the first. She is still such an easy baby. Add that to the fact that she's the most beautiful baby in the world and it makes it pretty easy to love her! She isn't on any type of schedule, per se, but our days look pretty much the same. She eats about every three hours and we typically leave the house on some sort of outing at least once a day. So far, she has done really well every time we go out to eat, shopping, church, or wherever else we go. She did have her first in-store meltdown this month, but it was totally my fault because I had pushed her too long between feedings. Several special things happened in her second month. Here's a quick run-down.
- First bottle: Emily had her first bottle the day after she turned one month old and she did great! She took it immediately the first time it was offered. This has made it much easier and more fun to take her places.
- Baby Dedication: Emily was dedicated at church.
- State Fair: We had our first trip to the State Fair as a family of three!
- Smiling: The smiles began to come often right around the six week mark. She especially loves to smile for her Daddy!
- Sleeping: Emily began sleeping through the night the day after she turned seven weeks! We usually go to bed around 11:00 and she wakes up between 6:00 and 7:00!
- Talking: This past week, she has begun to do some cooing. She does it mostly in the mornings, which is her favorite time of day.
- Blowouts: We had our first couple of blowouts this month. Actually, the first blowout was when she was only three weeks old at Sam's Club, but that was because her diaper wasn't closed well enough against her leg. These two times, it was sheer force behind the poop that blew the diapers out! Once was at church on Saturday afternoon and ended up all over me and the floor right before I was helping to lead worship. The second time was the next day while we were Skyping with Grandma and Grandpa. The amazing thing is that she didn't get it on her clothes either time. :)
- First birthday party: Emily attended her first birthday party for her friend Eden. We have our second party this coming weekend for her friend Carrigan!
- First "sick" doctor visit: For a couple of days this month, Emily turned into a screamer so we took her to the doctor to make sure she was okay. The doctor said she's perfect and the screaming stopped that same day. She is back to her precious self! We think it was a little tummy issue. It's pretty terrible when your baby is sad and you can't do anything to help. Fortunately, this hasn't happened much so far.
Precious Perfect Darling Angel Baby,
You are the love of our lives. I always thought it was funny when parents said that every day they love their children more than the day before, but it's so true. There's nothing I love more than waking up in the morning, getting your pretty little self out of bed and seeing you smile at me. You are such a wonderful blessing to us and more than we ever could have imagined. Right now, you are just my daughter, but I look forward to the day you will be my daughter and my best friend, just like me and your Mimi. I love you more than life!
A few more pictures from Emily's second month:
|Emily's first bottle feeding|
|Look at that face!|
|Plum tuckered out|
|Our little family|