- Christmas: Emily's first Christmas was wonderful, but also marked the beginning of a difficult week. We celebrated with our family on my side and Lucas's side and Emily's body was taken over by a little fussy monster for about a week. We thought it was teeth, but since she still has none to show for it, we aren't sure what the problem was.
- Babysitter: Emily began with her babysitter this month. We absolutely adore Mrs. Leslie and she loves our little girl, as well. What a blessing to be leaving her with someone we can trust and know that Emily is happy while she is there!
- Sleep training: After a few very rough nights, we decided to finally buckle down and do some sleep training. So far, so good!
- A few firsts: A few firsts from this month were first time to sleep in her crib, first time to eat rice cereal (which hasn't really agreed with her very well,) and first time to ring in the new year.
- Moving around: Emily really started to reach for things around her right after her four month birthday. She would reach and actually hold onto anything that was offered to her, before promptly dropping it in a game of "Uh-Oh!" We spent lots of time bending over and retrieving. She also began rolling regularly in both directions this month. She still doesn't roll alot, but whenever she decides she wants to, she can do it with ease. She also began using our fingers to pull herself to a sitting and standing position. Now that she can do this, she pretty much always wants to be standing up.
And the moment you've all been waiting for...
Words simply cannot describe how much we love you. Your little smile is infectious and there is nothing I would rather do than snuggle you and stare at your little face all day long. You are absolutely perfect and we love you more than life. Every part of living is better with you!
|Excited about Christmas!|
|Sister Mary Emily|
|Emily and Mimi|
|The best Christmas gift ever!|
|With a few Santa gifts|
|Surprised by shots at Dr.Copeland's office :)|
|Happy five months to me!|