Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Mrs. Leslie

Last Tuesday was my final day as a working mother.  It was bittersweet.  Sweet in that of course I am thrilled to be able to spend my days with Emily, but bitter to be leaving my wonderful job, my sweet friends, and most of all, Emily's wonderful babysitter, Mrs. Leslie.

Emily and Mrs. Leslie

We were beyond blessed to have Mrs. Leslie taking care of Emily for the last five months.  As soon as I began looking for sitters and found out about Leslie, I knew I wanted her to watch Emily.  I went to high school with Leslie's daughter Heather and spent many Friday nights at their house.  She raised seven children of her own, and I knew she was more than capable to take care of our precious little one.  It was so hard to make the decision to continue working and leave Emily with a sitter, but Leslie made it as smooth and easy of a transition as possible.  I never worried about Emily for one second when I was at work.  As an added bonus, Mrs. Leslie's husband Bill, her daughter Heather, and daughter-in-law Katie also helped out with the kids.  Speaking of kids, all of the little ones there were absolutely precious.  Emily was the youngest, and they all loved her and took care of her.  I loved going to pick her up or drop her off and seeing the other kids playing with her.  Emily absolutely loves Mrs. Leslie and I believe the feeling is quite mutual.

We love you, Mrs. Leslie (and Mr. Bill, Mrs. Heather, and Mrs. Katie) and we already miss you!  We can't wait to come back and visit!



No comments:

Post a Comment