Sunday, July 15, 2012

Father's Day

I know this post is a bit late, but I've had good intentions to write it.  We were on vacation on Father's Day and since we've been back, life has been a whirlwind of swimming lessons, new babies, and transitioning to stay-at-home mom life.  But now, here we are.  Happy Father's Day to two of the greatest men in Emily's life!

I don't even know where to start with Lucas.  He has been the most amazing daddy any child could ask for.  From day one he has loved that little girl with all that he is and he demonstrates that love every day.  He is always so willing to do anything I need him to do to help with her and never ever complains.  Emily loves her daddy SO much and gets incredibly excited every day when he gets home from work.  He has fallen into fatherhood so naturally that you'd think he's been a daddy for a long time.  I am so incredibly blessed to have Lucas for a husband and the father of my children.  He is such a wonderful friend, partner, encourager, provider, and daddy.  I love you, Lucas, and Emmy does, too!


First time to hold Emily

Checking each other out

Emmy and Daddy at Easter


This year on Father's Day, we were lucky enough to get to spend it on the beach with both Daddy and Papa!  Emmy has also been blessed with the most amazing Papa.  It has been so fun to watch my daddy become a grandfather.  That little girl has absolutely wrapped her Papa around her finger and I am quite sure he is a lost cause.  I am so thankful that Emily has been blessed with such a wonderful grandfather! 

Ready to head to the sand

With Daddy and Papa at the beach

Way too early for pictures!

We love you Daddy and Papa!

No comments:

Post a Comment