Oh, sweet Emily. What was life even like before you? This month has been wonderful, just like the 13 before it. We had lots of fun this month, started some new activities, became even more mobile, and basically just loved life! Here are a few highlights:
- Kindermusik: We started Kindermusik classes in Grapevine on Emily's 13 month birthday. It has been SO much fun. It was basically inevitable that Emily would be a musical child, but I figured it would only help things to encourage that talent. It has been really fun seeing her interact with other kids all about the same age as her, and to watch her grow to love singing and dancing right before my eyes has been an amazing treat. Her musicality has improved so much in the past month- she is singing more, swaying and bopping more, and being easily soothed by music when she gets fussy. I can't wait to keep watching her grow to love music even more.
- More teeth: Bottom two molars are in, which puts us at a total of 12. If the ridiculous amount of time spent chewing on her hands is any indication, there is at least one more coming in soon. I'm guessing it's the canines, because those spots seem to be a bit swollen.
- Food: Emily is such a good eater. She pretty much loves it all except for meat. We did get her to eat a good amount of rotisserie chicken this month as well as some brisket, so maybe there is hope for her yet. :) She loves spaghetti and chicken spaghetti, so that's one sneaky way we're getting more meat in. Some of the fun things she tried this month were popcorn, candy corn, and roasted chickpeas. She loved them all! We also gave her some fresh green beans, which she wasn't a huge fan of...canned are SO much better, you know.
- Words: She has really seemed to start picking up more words this month. This is the first month where she has said Mama and Dada and really seemed to be aware that she was calling for/talking to and about us. She still loves hi and has added bye. She also says clock- referring to the clock in my parents kitchen and clack- referring to/singing with one of her Kindermusik songs. She has said dog a couple of times and BaBas for the Backyardigans. She also says go, thanks to a BaBa song. Mostly, though, she just babbles non-stop, all the time, from sunup to sundown. We don't have a clue what she's saying, but she is certainly saying something. It usually involves stern eyebrows and lots of pointing.
- Books: Finally has become interested in books and reading. She is really into her Halloween books right now, and especially loves books where she can lift flaps.
- Mobility: Emily is walking better and better every day. She loves to grab our hands and lead us around to wherever she wants to go. I have started letting her walk from the car to the building when we are going to the grocery store, Jazzercise, etc and she loves it. Such a big girl!
- Shoes: We finally bought Emily some big girl shoes this month. Stylish little diva that she is, she's been wearing shoes all her life, but since she's now an official walker, we decided she needed some good quality shoes. She is now rocking a precious pair of Keds as well as some black Mary Janes from Stride Rite. And thanks to her sweet friend Carrigan loaning out her too-small shoes, she has some other super cute kicks, as well!
- Temper tantrums: There is no doubt we have a real toddler on our hands. When she doesn't get her way, she often sits down on the floor and screams. I just love when it happens in public! She is certainly her mother's daughter. I have been hearing the stories about my toddler temper for years now.
- Personality: If there has ever been an independent and strong-willed child, this is the one. Although it is difficult at times right now, I am so thankful for it. I know she will grow up to be a strong child, teenager, and adult and that makes me happy! We are trusting the Lord will guide all of that strong-willedness in the right direction.
And now for the pictures...
|First time coloring with crayons at a restaurant|
|Saying "cheese" with Daddy|
|Sweet girl in her new shoes|
|Early morning smiles|
|I LOVE spaghetti!|
|Skinny baby, playing with her favorite toys.|
|Beauty queen swinging|
|Picnics at the park are serious business!|
|Big girl on the ottoman|
|Eating lunch with her new friend Garrett|
|Hanging out with the firemen at our block party|
|Celebrating Mimi on her birthday|