Saturday, December 8, 2012

Your Christmas charity of choice?

Each and every year at Christmas time I am reminded how blessed I am.  It's easy to take for granted my blessings throughout the year, but at Christmas, I just can't forget.  Because of that, it's very important to me each year to give.  Not just to my friends and family, but to someone in need.  Now that we have started our family and have a daughter, I want to make sure she also understand how blessed she is and how important it is to help people when they are in need of blessings.  Some years we have donated gifts to members of the community, some years it has been friends in need, and some years it has been through Christian organizations that provide gifts for children in need across the world.  I don't say this to brag at all.  I only bring this up to make people aware of the great need there is to help others all year long, but especially at Christmas time. 

This year, we decided to participate in Operation Christmas Child.
You've probably heard of OCC.  You get a shoebox, fill it with toys, clothes, trinkets, candy, or snacks for a child, and Samaritan's Purse makes sure it is delivered to a child who wouldn't otherwise receive any Christmas gifts.  Although it's getting close to Christmas, it's not too late to build a box!  If you are looking for a way to share your blessings this year, this is a great way to do it.  Even if this isn't what you feel called to do, I encourage you to look for opportunities in your world to give to others at Christmas time.  You will never regret it!

1 comment:

  1. loving reading all your posts. i'm so glad I included this in the mix!!! Been my favorite post to write yet. I foget how desperate people get this time of year. I'm learning more and more that giving is the greatest money I spend each month!

    ReplyDelete