Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Last year, Christmas didn't go all that well in the Takala household. What should've been an absolutely magical white Christmas with inches and inches of snowfall turned sour with the fact that my brother's flight was cancelled and I only got to see him for a few minutes before we flew out for a week in Ohio. This Christmas is certainly making up for that one, though! I can't imagine any better gift than finding out we are going to be parents...of children, rather than just our weenie dogs. :)

I met up with my friend Sarah for lunch today. She just had a baby girl, Carrigan, two months ago. It was so hard to sit there and talk with her about baby things for so long and not be able to tell her! Soon enough, though.

Tonight, my parents came over and we were able to tell them the exciting news! We gave each of them a Willow Tree figurine- Grandmother and Grandfather. Dad was the first one to see what the box said, and he said it out loud, but was obviously caught off guard and wasn't quite sure what to make of it. When he said that, Mom looked and hers and saw what it said and then just looked at me. I, surprise surprise, was crying. Mom said "Really? Really?" I said yes and then she and dad both jumped up and were laughing (Dad was having a coughing fit because he has a bit of a cold,) and they hugged me. It was so wonderful. They asked us lots of questions and it was so nice to finally be able to talk to someone about it! I'm so excited for them to be grandparents. They are going to be wonderful! We will be telling Lucas's family when they arrive on Christmas Day and will also most likely tell my grandparents at Christmas. I can't wait for all of our family to know. Everyone is going to be SO excited!

So far, my only pregnancy symptoms are being tired, occasional mild cramps, and some mild heartburn. Mom said she didn't ever throw up when she was pregnant with me or my brother, but did have some nausea. I hope I take after her!

No comments:

Post a Comment