Friday, December 24, 2010

What a whirlwind week this has been! It's a little after 9:30 on Christmas Eve, and I think this is the first time I've really sat down all week. I still have things I need to do, but for our sweet little one's sake, I just need to take a break. We just completed the third and final candlelight service at church. They were all so wonderful, but it really takes alot out of you! What a blessing, though, to be a part of such a wonderful church. I love being able to look out at the congregation and see so many people who are so special to us.

Today I am officially five weeks! The baby is the size of a sesame seed. I'm feeling pretty good except for the occasional tiredness. I'm really excited about this coming week, though, because Lucas's family will be here and I think we will have some time just to relax, especially when we're hanging out at Chuck and Abby's apartment.

Tomorrow is the day we'll get to tell Lucas's parents our big news! Of course we wanted to tell them right away, but it was just such perfect timing that they were flying into town five days from when we found out. We knew we had to take advantage of it and tell them in person! We just talked to his mom on the phone a few minutes ago and she was talking about her sister (who is about to be a grandmother) and saying that she would have a grandbaby by next Christmas. Lucas and I just looked at each other and smiled. They are going to be so surprised and so excited! We can't wait to tell them!

Today was Christmas with my mom's side of the family, and I just can't express what a wonderful family we have. I am so thankful for the blessing they are and that they will be to our sweet baby. At Christmas next year, our baby will be with us and we will be celebrating as a family of three! For now, I'm just enjoying the last Christmas with just the two of us. Tomorrow morning Lucas and I will open gifts together, then we will head over to Mom and Dad's for Christmas with Dad's side of the family. I am hoping to sneak a nap in at some point! Tomorrow evening, we'll head to Chuck and Abby's for homemade pizza and to kick off a week of Takala family time!

1 comment:

  1. Jennifer, I just got pointed to your blog and I am soo excited for you. I'm going back and reading the story from the beginning. I love that you started writing it from the very beginning. Really neat. We too got to tell our families in person when we were expecting and it was so, so neat! Soak in this time because you're right, next year you'll be doing everything as a family of three. Both are so special but very different. Kelly

    ReplyDelete