Monday, January 10, 2011

This past weekend was a much needed break after a busy first week back to work. Friday night, we went to the Crandall's house as usual. We had a great evening of relaxing, pizza, chocolate chip cookies, online baby shopping, and movie watching. Oh, and sleeping. :) Usually Lucas is the one to fall asleep at their house on Friday nights, but since I've been pregnant, I've been the one falling asleep. It was a great way to celebrate seven weeks of pregnancy!

On Saturday morning, Lucas got up early to work on homework and let me sleep until 8:30. It was so nice. Another new thing I've been doing since being pregnant is actually sleeping past 7:00. It has been wonderful. After I got up and Lucas finished his homework, we got all of the Christmas decorations put away. As much fun as the decorations are for the month of December, I was completely sick of looking at it. That afternoon, we just laid around the house, which never happens. I couldn't tell you the last time I stayed home on a Saturday. I always have errands to run, and although I probably had errands to run this past weekend, too, I ignored them. I finally got ready about 4:30 and we went to dinner with my parents, then back home for more couch laying. It was pretty blissful.

Sunday was another great day. We had the day off of worship and although the forecast was for an "Arctic Blast," we braved the elements and headed out to church. The service was so wonderful and when it was over, the snow was coming down hard. We headed out for lunch with the Crandalls and then Kaylane and I went to register for her baby shower. I'm so glad to have a friend like her who is a pro mommy and will be able to help me so much with all my pregnancy and baby questions.

Only two more days until our first doctor appointment! I am really excited and a little bit nervous. We should be able to hear the heartbeat at this appointment, so we're just praying that it is strong and healthy! We will definitely update again after the appointment!

No comments:

Post a Comment