Friday, March 25, 2011

Eighteen Weeks

Sorry this is so late! I was hoping to get an 18 week picture, but at this point I'm closer to 19, so we'll try again this week!

I'm eighteen weeks along today!

Size
bell pepper
5 1/2 inches long, weighs about 7 oz.

Developments
more movement
blood vessels visible through skin
ears in final position
myelin forming around nerves
uterus and fallopian tubes formed and in place

Heartbeat
140 bpm (as of 3/10/11)

Cravings
The fruit snack craving has totally fled. :)
No new cravings this week.

Weight Loss/Gain
Gained 6 lbs (as of 3/10/11)

Side Effects
Weird dreams!
achy hips from laying on my side at night


Another memorable thing from this week is that I started really feeling her move. I wasn't completely sure if it was her or something else. It didn't feel like butterflies, which is what all the books and websites have said it feels like. Instead, it felt a little more like a muscle twinge, and after talking to another friend who experienced the same thing, I have concluded are kicks from little miss Emily.

1 comment:

  1. Mine didn't feel like butterflies either! I was feeling D move long before I realized it because I was expecting a different feeling.

    ReplyDelete