Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Last week, Lucas and I had what is most likely our last getaway before Emily arrives. We headed down to Fredericksburg for a few days and nights of relaxation. We shopped, slept, watched TV, ate way too much yummy food and enjoyed being together. Unfortunately, Lucas ended up having to work quite a bit more than he expected due to some circumstances back at the office, but we still had a good time. Baby Emily got lots of new cute toys and clothes. I was pretty much in heaven looking for fun girly things. Although Lucas wasn't having quite as much fun shopping as I was, he did get to pick out a little stuffed weenie dog for her. It's crazy to think that on our next vacation, our little one will be with us. I think we will make sure the grandparents are in tow for that one!

These past couple of days I have definitely begun to feel pregnant. The second trimester is supposed to be so much easier than the first one, but it hasn't been for me. I was blessed with an insanely easy first trimester, so it's quite possible that what I'm dealing with now would be bliss compared to the first trimesters of many. I don't really feel bad, but I just feel pregnant. Every once in awhile, I think I feel her moving, but since I've never done this before, I'm not totally sure if it's that or if it's all in my head. Either way, I certainly feel like there is a little something growing inside of me. I'm definitely showing, but at this point I think it's mostly just because I can no longer suck in my stomach. Good posture (not that I ever had it) is quickly going out the window! I bought some maternity jeans last week, which have been very comfortable, yet quite droopy. I'm thinking that I will be living mostly in dresses this spring and summer, which is okay by me!

I've also started Emily's Wish List on Amazon. This isn't a baby registry, but just a few things she's told me that she wants. There isn't much on there now, but I am slowly adding as she finds things she likes. Check it out if you're a doting grandparent, aunt, uncle, or friend. She will definitely thank you!

4 comments:

  1. I love reading your posts because I'm due the day before you! So I totally understand pretty much everything you're going through. :) Yeah, the movements are weird, aren't they? I have to convince myself that it's the baby and not my imagination.

    Funny thing is, I was in Fredericksburg last Saturday, and I keep hearing about more and more people who were also there. I found the cutest onesie that said "Bear Hug" with a bear's arms wrapped around the onesie. It was my first purchase. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. if it feels like little butterfly flutters, its probably baby girl. Then one day you'll get one or two good little kicks,and there will be no doubt. Congrats and enjoy those little flutters! It's where it starts to get fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the PINK news and I love her name :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jennifer- Congrats to you guys and your baby girl! You are going to love being a mom to a sweet little girl, they are precious. I loved this time in my pregnancy when she starts to kick! Enjoy your time together before she comes.

    ReplyDelete