Sunday, June 12, 2011

We're really having a baby!

Last week was a big week for all things Emily-related. On Monday morning, I went to interview a pediatrician. Can you believe the time has already come for us to start worrying about that? Anyway, this doctor goes to church with my parents, went to ACU, was chief resident in pediatrics at Children's Medical, and is featured regularly on Good Morning, Texas on their parenting and health segments. Obviously she sounded impressive, but I wanted to talk with her myself just to make sure. After visiting with her, she seems to be all the things we are looking for. I've gotten several other good suggestions since then, but I feel very happy with this doctor. So, I think we're going to go with her!

That same night, we attended our first Prepared Childbirth class at the hospital. Crazy! There are eleven couples in the class and everyone seemed very nice. All of the girls in there are due at some point during the summer, with one not due until the end of September. The instructor is very knowledgeable and sweet as well. I didn't learn a whole lot at the first class since it was just kind of an intro, but the next three classes promise to be much more interesting!

Thursday morning we went to the doctor for our 28 week appointment, although it was really 28 weeks and 6 days. Everything was perfect! She is measuring right at 29 weeks, is three pounds, and is in the 52% percentile. I forgot to ask how long she is, but it should be somewhere around 15 or so inches. We got to see her sweet little face as well as all of her other parts. Well...not quite all of them. Baby girl is VERY modest, which we are thanking the Lord for! :) She squeezes her thighs together anytime the doctor tries to get a peek. However, we are still quite certain she is a girl because our doctor says that she would've seen some boy parts there for sure by now if there were any to be seen.

Another answer to prayer is that my placenta seems to have moved up. She will do a real check in a few more weeks, but from what she could tell on the ultrasound, it looks good. Emily also has really enjoyed the breach position up until now, but she has finally moved head down and shouldn't move from that position between now and the delivery. Of course, she has a mind of her own, so we will just wait and see what she decides to do. My blood pressure is still perfect- 120/68 (which is the highest it's been the whole pregnancy,) and I only gained two pounds this month! We are hoping to keep that trend going.

My glucose test was also on Thursday, which was not as unpleasant as I expected. The drink certainly didn't taste good, but it was nothing like I thought it would be. Also, the tech was able to draw my blood on the first try, which never happens. All in all, it was a great day! Hopefully when we get the results back on the glucose screening, they will be great as well.

Basically, reality has set in. Emily is coming and will be here before we know it!

No comments:

Post a Comment