Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Our Hospital Stay

The rest of our time at the hospital was just as wonderful as our first day there. Well, maybe not AS wonderful as the day our daughter was born, but still pretty great. It was such a special time with family and friends coming to see us and celebrate Emily Elizabeth. We had so many special people come to visit.

Each night in the hospital was a bit rough trying to get used to a newborn and trying to stay awake long enough to feed and do all the things I needed to do, but overall, it wasn't too bad. All Friday night my nurses were coming in to check on us and early Saturday morning, my favorite nurse Tiia from Finland (whose mom happens to have the maiden name Takala) came to get me up and out of bed. After a very long time confined to it, I was thrilled to get out! Once I was up, they had a hard time getting me back in. For the next two days, we were surrounded by family and friends coming to fawn over our precious angel.

Here are a few pictures from our stay.

My sweet husband with our brand new baby.

Mommy and Emily

Sweet Emily

Our first Saturday visitor, Shelley.

Mawmaw meeting Emily for the first time.

Emily meeting my bestie, her Aunt Kimmy for the first time.

Emily with her great-grandpa. Great-grandma had to go out of town on Saturday, but she was there for the delivery on Friday night.

Lucas picked this one out specifically. The little doll says a prayer.

Mimi and Papa. I've never seen two people more in love with another person.

Me and my mommy, Emily's Mimi.

Emily and her Uncle David, one of our best friends.

Emily and Britney

Emily and Brad

Emily and my cousin Julie

Emily and Sarah

Emily and her great-great-grandma, Granny. She is 97 years young!

Emily and her future sisters-in-law, Eden and Ella

Emily and Sierra (and Stephenie)

A REALLY rough picture of me and my other bestie, the famous Kaylane (wife of David and mom of Eden and Ella, pictured above.) Even though it's not great, I had to include it. This is the woman behind the awesome tea party baby shower and also the one who was by my side all day long while I was in labor. She documented the entire day in photographs and made me an awesome photo album of the big day. She is a HUGE blessing in our lives.

These are just a few pictures of our special visitors. I wish I could include them all, but blogger has a limit. I'll be posting a slideshow tomorrow of all of the pictures from our time in the hospital.

No comments:

Post a Comment