Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Happy Birthday, Mimi!

October 12 is one of the most important days that rolls around for me each year.  It's my Mama's birthday!  I truly believe that one of the greatest blessings in life is the blessing of mothers and I have been blessed more than most!  My mom is not only a wonderful mother, but she is also my best friend.  Growing up, we had any normal mother/daughter relationship.  I took for granted the fact that I had such a wonderful mom.  I always knew she was a great mom, but I didn't recognize just how great until I was out of the house.  Once I was an adult, I began to realize just how blessed I really am.  My mom is faithful, kind, loving, wise, slow to speak, a wonderful listener, a respectful wife, a wonderful housekeeper, a great teacher, and has recently become the most amazing grandmother.  We love you, Mimi!



 




Her children arise and call her blessed;
   her husband also, and he praises her:
 “Many women do noble things,
   but you surpass them all.”
 Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting;
   but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised.

Proverbs 31:28-30

No comments:

Post a Comment