- Tongue: Started sticking her tongue out ALL the time. It is the cutest thing ever.
- Teeth: Emily cut her first two teeth during her sixth month. Just when I thought she was going to be teething forever, her first one came in. Just a few days later, her second one came through as well. They're sharp little suckers, so I'm just lucky she hasn't bitten me yet!
- Solid foods: Although we introduced her to rice cereal in her fifth month, she didn't do well with it, so we waited until this month to try real food. So far she has had bananas, sweet potatoes, and avocados and has done well with all of them as long as they are thin enough. A couple times I gave them to her too thick and she wasn't a fan.
- Sitting unassisted: She is doing really well with sitting up. She still topples over after awhile, but is doing well overall. We usually put the boppy behind her to catch her if she does go over backwards, but she's needing it less and less.
- First sickness: Emmy had her first stomach bug this month. It was so sad! She vomited all over herself and everything in her crib one night as she was going to bed, then was pretty lethargic all night, vomiting off and on for a couple hours after the first time. We called the on-call doctor, did the pedialyte thing, and fortunately she stayed hydrated. She was pretty much back to normal by the next morning.
- Independent play: Well, kind of independent. Emily LOVES the bouncer. She could bounce for hours on end and entertains herself so well while she is in it!
- Cry it out: This month, we started doing the cry-it-out method with Emily. Most nights she goes to bed easily, but some nights she still cries. Regardless, she is doing great overall and is a champ sleeping in her crib at night. We are still working on naps. She naps great for her sitter, but not really at home.
- Puppies: Emmy has discovered the dogs this month and LOVES to pet them.
And the precious faces our sweet girl makes:
You are my precious little girl, the little love of my life, my little sidekick, and my little best friend. You bring so much joy to your daddy and me. We are so thankful that the Lord blessed us with you and we can't wait to see what he is going to do with your precious little life. If the next six months are half as much fun as the first have been, we are in for a treat! Love you more than life!
|There's the tongue.|
|Eating Daddy's face|
|Loving the bouncer|
|Not interested in posing with mommy.|
|I LOVE sweet potatoes!|
|Seriously cute as she topples forward|
|How the majority of this month's photoshoot pics came out.|
|Emily with her best friend/boyfriend David at his first birthday party.|
|Happy to be experiencing her first Valentines Day!|
|Practicing her modeling poses.|
|Super blurry pic, but the best one I have of her sitting up.|