Every month just gets better than the last. Well, most months. We've had a few off ones, including an off week this month, but there's just nothing more fun than watching our girl grow. This month has been amazing. Her vocabulary and comprehension really just exploded over the past couple of weeks. Each day she learns something new and impresses us more than the day before. A few milestones from this month:
- Running: Although she would run from time to time before, this month she has really taken off...literally.
- Speech/Communication: She knows so many words now! I know I won't be able to list them all, but here are as many as I can remember: hi, bye, Mama, Dada, Mimi, Papa, Bailey (BB or Bay,) Maggie (Me,) Emmy (says Emmy when you ask her name,) Midnight, please (peese,) puppy, crackers, cookie, apple (all fruits are apples,) airplane (eh-bee,) go, no, nods her head for yes and says "hm," more, baby, iPad (ah-peh,) bubble, shoes, car, ball, choo choo, keys, sky, and several animal sounds- cow, horse, dog, cat, sheep, duck, and elephant (which she does while raising her arm like a trunk-SO CUTE.) She also understands so much of what we tell her to do. If we ask her a question, she can usually answer pretty well by saying yes/no or showing us.
- School: Emily started mother's day out preschool this month! She goes on Thursdays and is doing great! It gives her time to be with kids her age and gives her Mama some peace and quiet as well.
- Christmas: She had her second Christmas and got some really fun toys!
- Trip to Ohio: Emily took her second airplane trip to Ohio. She did AWESOME on the plane, thanks to the fact that we got lucky and had an extra seat for her both ways.
Here are a few pictures from this past month:
|Getting ready for that cold Ohio weather with her new puppy hat|
|A little breakfast time reading|
|Blowing bubbles with Grandma Takala|
|Her "I don't know" reaction. Usually both hands turned upwards while shaking her head|
|First day of school with a photo-bombing weenie dog|
|I can do it all by myself, Mama!|