- Crawling: Just a couple days after her seven month birthday, Emily began getting up on her hands and knees and rocking. Exactly three weeks later, she was full on crawling. Our girl is all over the place, and we don't know what to do with her or ourselves!
- Waving: Emily is constantly waving, and towards the end of the month, she seemed to began realizing that you are supposed to wave at other people and she does it occasionally, mostly on her own time rather than when we tell her to.
- Laughing: This month Emily began REALLY belly laughing. She gets so tickled at certain things we do. There isn't much sweeter than that laugh, especially when she can't seem to stop.
- First sickness: Emily had her first real sickness this month with a high fever and a whole week at home with mom and dad. We never got a for sure diagnosis, but it seemed to be some kind of cold virus or something similar. The fever lasted for several days and once it broke, she got very snotty and began coughing alot. The humidifier became our good friend! She was pretty much recovered after about a week.
- First Easter: Unfortunately, Easter was a rough day since that was when the sickness began rearing its ugly head, but we were able to celebrate a good bit the night before.
- First car accident: Not a fun event at all, but we were so blessed that it was so minor!
- More teeth: We got both of our top front teeth during month eight and the top teeth three and four are on their way to breaking through, as well!
- Crib changes: This month, we had to lower Emily's crib twice! First she learned to sit up in her crib, then she learned to stand up. It won't be long before our little girl is in her toddler bed! I don't want that to happen!
- Kisses: When you get up in her face and make kissy noises, she opens her mouth WIDE to give her own kisses!
- Talking: This month, she has spent most of her time saying "Dadadadadadada."
Sweet girl, you continue to be a joy to our lives and I know that will never change. We love watching you grow and seeing your personality truly begin to emerge. Your laugh is the sweetest sound I've ever heard. We can't wait for you to wake up each morning and look forward to watching you grow strong in the Lord!
|Beauty in the bluebonnets|
|First Easter Egg hunt|
|Family picture on Easter Eve|
|Our girl in her Easter dress|
|Snuggling with a sick baby|